Your contract with SummerHouse
- Your contract is with SummerHouse, The Old Stables, Belluton, Pensford, Bristol. BS39 4JJ; it commences when your deposit is paid.
- A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your booking request. No booking request shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we confirm to you that we have accepted your booking request.
Making your booking
- You may request a booking at our website www.summerhouse-bb.co.uk or at www.visitbath.co.uk or www.visitbristol.co.uk. Alternatively, you may make a booking request in person, by telephone, by e-mail, or in writing.
- If you have any special requirements (for example, because of infirmity or disability) please let us know at the time of booking. We will endeavour to accommodate your requirements, but our ability to do so is dependent on what these are and on the availability of a suitable room.
- You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
6.A non-refundable deposit of 10% is payable on booking. We reserve the right to ask you to pay all the price of your booking in advance. We accept cash, all major credit cards and debit cards excluding Diners Club and American Express.
- The price for each room per night is (e&oe) as advertised on our web site at the relevant time (www.summerhouse-bb.co.uk), unless we notify you of a different price at the time of your booking. Unless stated otherwise, all charges are inclusive of VAT.
- The price includes overnight occupancy of a double room by one or two adults and their following morning’s breakfast. No more than two adults may occupy the room. Breakfast is served at the times advertised on our web site, or as otherwise advised to you upon arrival. Other meals are not included in the price.
- The price does not include the cost of any other of our chargeable services which you might use during your stay. You will be charged for any use you make of these services at the rates current at the time of your stay.
- The price of your booking is payable in full on your scheduled day of departure, less any advance payments we have already received from you.
- If you fail to settle your account upon departure, your credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount due.
- By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract. By providing your credit/debit card details to us when making your booking you are irrevocably authorising us to debit your card by the amount of this charge (and any other charges due to us under this contract).
- Payment may be made by cash, all major credit cards and debit cards excluding Diners Club and American Express.
Check in and check out
- Your room will normally be available for you from 4:00pm on your scheduled day of arrival. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 9:00pm so that we can make sure someone is available to check you in. Unless we specifically agree otherwise with you, you must vacate your room by 11am on your scheduled day of departure. If you do not do so, you will be charged for one further night’s accommodation. Room keys must be returned to reception on departure.
Cancellation by you
- Please advise us as soon as possible if you have to cancel. Cancellations should be made by email or by telephone, followed up by a letter. The contract requires the guest to pay for the accommodation in the event of a cancellation unless:
a) More than 4 weeks notice is given prior to the start date of the holiday, then only the loss of the deposit will occur. If we are able to rebook your room(s) cancelled, all monies paid by the guest will be refunded.
b) Less than 4 weeks notice is given prior to the start date of the holiday then we reserve the right to charge the full amount. If we are able to rebook your room(s) cancelled, all monies paid by the guest will be refunded less the deposit.
In order to avoid charges due to cancellation, we advise you to take out holiday insurance.
16 No children under the age of 16 will be accepted except in exceptional circumstances and at our discretion. Children of the age 16 or over must sleep in their own room which will be charged at the full rate.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our rooms, grounds or facilities. If you smoke in your room, we shall charge you an additional £100 to cover our costs to have the room cleaned.
- We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in our rooms, grounds or facilities.
Events outside our control
- We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to our premises, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water).
Our liability to you
- Other than in the circumstances set out in paragraph 19, in the event that a room is not available by your scheduled check-in time, our sole liability will be to use reasonable endeavours to offer you alternative accommodation at another nearby venue of a similar standard for a similar price.
- Subject to paragraph 22, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total price of your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Your liability to us
- You will be liable for any damage you cause to your room or to other of our property.
- Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
- All written communications by you to us must be sent by post to SummerHouse, The Old Stables, Belluton, Pensford, Bristol. BS39 4JJ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send written communications to you at either the e-mail or postal address given us.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.